Front of House Assistant (Streatham) - London
Are you Fit for Virgin Active..?
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
On the front line, you’ll be learning the business from every angle. We’ll provide you with supportive, structured development to get you to exactly where you want to be, and helping to push our vision forward as a true Virgin Activist.
We’re looking for a Front of House Assistant to be the welcoming face and engaging voice to our members in our Virgin Active Classic Club. You’ll be there to assist with every enquiry and to ensure our members have an outstanding visit.
- Customer service; create a great first impression and provide a faultless representation of your Health Club.
- Effectively handling class bookings, payments, queries and managing member expectations to the highest standard.
- Deal with any member feedback, take ownership of the situation and escalate the issue where necessary.
- Opening and closing duties of the department, health & safety checks, and security of stock and cash handling are dealt with appropriately.
- Ensure the Front of House area and equipment is well maintained and presented.
This role is part time. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (6.30am starts), 'lates' (11pm closes) and weekends (7.30am starts/8pm closes).
What we can’t live without:
To be successful, you’ll need to be smart in appearance and the finest ambassador for Virgin Active at all times too. And, underneath your well-groomed exterior should be an empathetic nature and the charisma to create an effortless rapport in every interaction, feeling confident working within a team, contributing your own ideas effectively and taking a share of the responsibility. Specific requirements of successful candidate:
- Exceptional communication & organisational skills and experience in a customer facing environment.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced environment, able to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong admin and computer skills, with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly.
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Competitive industry pay
- Dedicated line manager, there to support and promote your development
- Tailored courses to suit you, your interests and increase your expertise in your field.
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniform
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!