Bar & Waiting Apprenticeship
Apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12-month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position.
As a Bar & Waiting Apprentice, you're the face of your brand for every guest that walks through our door, so we are looking for applicants who are passionate about delivering the highest standard of customer service.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
You will need to deliver great guest service and work well with the team to create a friendly, warm and welcoming environment with the key aim ensuring our guests revisit us and recommend us to their family and friends. This will include:
- Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run a busy section
- Greeting and seating guests
- Running food from the kitchen
- Keeping the workplace hygienic and safe by undertaking various cleaning tasks
- Listening and taking instruction from others in busy periods
- Serving food at the table
- Serving soft and alcoholic drinks (over 18s only)
- Keeping up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and licensing laws
- Getting involved with the team and contribute at all team meetings
- Carrying out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
GAINING YOUR QUALIFICATION
In addition to your role, you will be given tasks and training to help you achieve Level 2 Food and beverage Service (all learners need to achieve Functional Skills L1/L2 in English and Maths to proceed with the course).
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Pride in delivering excellent guest service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills and listening skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Ability to follow instruction and work well in a team
- Keen to develop your skills in the hospitality sector and enthusiastic to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance with high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays - this is a MUST in any hospitality role
- Be aged 16 - 24
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Not be in full time education or hold a degree or same level qualification
- Not have any criminal convictions
- No previous experience or qualifications are required, we are looking for your potential and personality.
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS:
- Guest Obsessed
Acts with the guest in mind and goes the extra mile.
- Win with Our People
A supportive, hard-working, and positive individual with a ‘one team’ attitude and outlook.
- Drive for Results
Driven to exceed business targets for self and team balancing the need for results and quality standards.
- Communicating with Clarity
Communicates clearly and articulately and adapts communication style to suit their audience.
- Handling Pressure & Problems
Operates well under pressure, using initiative and remaining positive when confronted with problems.