Hospitality Management Development Apprenticeship
Hospitality Management Development Apprentices have the unique opportunity to develop their hospitality skills and knowledge, throughout a 12-month structured training programme, whilst taking on an entry level, full time position.
As a Hospitality Apprentice, you're an essential part of running of the business, so we are looking for applicants who are passionate about working their way up within a professional hospitality environment and delivering the best possible guest experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
Experience different areas of the business, by working in the kitchen and front of house, to build your skills and understanding of how to manage different elements of running a business.
You’ll need to deliver great guest service and work well with the team to create a friendly, warm and welcoming environment with the key aim of ensuring our guests revisit us and recommend us to their family and friends. Your role will involve:
- Learning from more experienced Team Members how to work/run a busy section
- Experience different areas of the business, by working in the kitchen and front of house, to build your skills and understanding of how to manage different elements of running a business
- Keeping the workplace hygienic and safe by undertaking various cleaning tasks
- Working effectively as part of a Hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Greeting and seating guests
- Keep up to date with new products, menus and promotions
- Adhere to company policies and licensing laws
- Be involved with the team and contribute at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by Management and Head Office
- Serving food at the table
- Serving alcoholic and soft drinks
GAINING YOUR QUALIFICATION
In addition to your role, you will be given tasks and training to help you achieve Level 2 Hospitality Services (all learners need to achieve Functional Skills L1/L2 in English and Maths to proceed with the course).
SKILLS AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- Pride in delivering excellent guest service
- Good teamwork ethic
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Organised multitasker
- Ability to follow instructions and work well in a team
- Keen to develop your skills in the hospitality sector and enthusiastic to learn
- A smart and tidy appearance with high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays - this is a MUST in any hospitality role
- Be aged 18 - 24
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Not be in full time education or hold a degree or same level qualification
- Not have any criminal convictions
- GCSE English & Maths at Grade D or above
- No other experience is required, we are looking for your potential and personality.
COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS:
- Guest Obsessed
Acts with the guest in mind and goes the extra mile.
- Win with Our People
A supportive, hard-working, and positive individual with a ‘one team’ attitude and outlook.
- Drive for Results
Driven to exceed business targets for self and team balancing the need for results and quality standards.
- Communicating with Clarity
Communicates clearly and articulately and adapts communication style to suit their audience.
- Handling Pressure & Problems
Operates well under pressure, using initiative and remaining positive when confronted with problems.