Demi Chef de Partie - Weybridge
Demi Chef de Partie
Main Purpose of the Job
As a Demi Chef de Partie you are responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Support the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Control food stock and food cost in his section
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or banqueting facilities
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
Skills and Requirements
- You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills & the ability to think on your feet.
- The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
- Have a good understanding of the principles of HACCP
- Pristine appearance and presentation at all times
- Must be legally able to work in the UK/EU
Reporting to: Head chef, Senior sous chef, Junior sous chef, Chef de partie
- NVQ Level 2 in catering or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 & Any additional qualifications will be considered
- Ability to cook to a high standard & work within a busy kitchen environment
- Know how to work within a section and to be efficient & effective, a good overall knowledge of cooking in general is required.
- 1 years’ experience in a similar role in a quality establishment
- Minimum 2 years as a Demi CDP with a proven track record
- Calm & collected with an understanding of how to speak to others within a team with a good overall attitude is a must.