Britannia Hotels

Control Clerk - Edinburgh

Competitive Salary
07 Nov 2016
02 Dec 2016
Job Type
Part Time

Britannia Hotel Edinburgh

Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.

Role Title:           Control Clerk

Reporting to:     Controller

Role Objective

The position of Control Clerk exists to ensure:                  

  • That the interests of the Britannia Hotel Group are protected at all times.
  • That they and their team ensure maximum revenue is generated and losses are kept to a minimum.                                                            
  • That attention is drawn to all areas of weakness/concern and reported to their Hotel Controller.                                           
  • That all new company procedures and instructions are adhered to.

Main Responsibilities

  • Provide all relevant control/financial information and assistance to the Hotel Controller.                                                            
  • Functional and line responsibility to the Hotel Controller.         
  • To be organised, numerate, have an eye for detail and an enquiring mind.
  • To have a practical and common sense approach to the role.
  • Responsible for processing wages and personnel paperwork 

Person Specification

The candidate must be able to:

  • To prioritise their work effectively.                                     
  • Work to strict deadlines.
  • Communicate on all levels.
  • To carry out any duties which may be requested from time to time.

Employee Benefits

  • Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
  • Discounted weekend breaks
  • Regular Appraisals
  • Pension Scheme
  • Meals on duty
  • Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
  • Accelerated promotion prospects

Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.