Front of House Supervisor - London
Britannia Hampstead Hotel, London
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Front of House Supervisor
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
- To recruit, train, motivate and control reception staff, switchboard staff, reservations staff, concierge and housekeeping, to ensure the best customer service at all times.
- To ensure effective room rate management to maximize occupancy and maintain or improve room yield.
- To ensure that all front office operational and control procedures are maintained effectively.
- To ensure all staff maintain a courteous and helpful approach to customers at all times.
- To identify sales opportunities and create a sales driven team of professionals.
- To ensure that all customer comments and complaints are acted upon with all due diligence.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all systems and procedures used within the department and the hotel, and you must also provide help and support as required.
- To ensure all monies, floats and accounts are safeguarded and maintained effectively.
The candidate must have:
- Previous experience in a similar role in 100+ bedroom hotel.
- Previous experience of computerized reservations and guest billing systems, Opera experience preferred.
- Proven management experience in recruiting, training, developing and controlling staff.
- Able to develop effective relationships with staff and other departmental heads.
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.