PURPOSE OF POSITION
You ensure clean crockery and are in charge of absolute cleanliness and tidiness in the scullery in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
- Cleaning of crockery
- Cleanliness and order in the scullery/dish-washing area
- Regular cleaning of the kitchen area
- Separation and disposal of waste/garbage
- Assistance to supervisors in placing orders for cleaning materials and equipment
- Perfect order and cleanliness in working area in accordance with HACCP standards
- Correct handling of all equipment and products
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
Supervisor: Executive Chef
Receives instructions from: Chef de Partie, Sous-Chef, Executive Chef, Corporate Executive Chef, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Good English skills, other languages are an advantage
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, neat appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Executive Chef Manual
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.