Front of House Supervisor - Whitstable
Front of House Supervisor - The Royal, Whitstable
Shepherd Neame is looking for a proactive and driven Front of House Supervisor to join our busy team.
This role is key within our business, so we need someone enthusiastic with bags of personality that can bring strength and first class operational support to our management team.
Exceptional customer service and service delivery standards must be at the top of your agenda and you must enjoy motivating and leading people, in order to get the best out of your bar and restaurant team.
Shepherd Neame are an independent family brewery and pub operator based in Faversham, Kent and dating back over 300 years we are also Britain’s oldest brewer. We currently operate over 60 distinctive, fast paced and busy retail outlets offering excellent food and a wide range of award winning ales across London and the South East of England.
We provide our Front of House Supervisors with superb ongoing support and training and longer term the opportunity to join our Management First Training Scheme, so if you love the hospitality sector and if becoming a general manager is your end goal, we will get you there.
ROLE / RESPONSILBILITIES
- Overseeing a small team of bar and restaurant staff, delegating duties as required.
- Undertaking Duty Manager shifts and responsibilities.
- Liaising with customers and being visible out on the front line.
- Upholding first class customer service delivery, quality and food standards.
- Supporting with the compilation of staff rotas.
- Staff management and training.
- Stock control and rotation.
- Dealing with any cellar management issues.
- Cashing up and daily banking procedures.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- At least six months supervisory experience.
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience.
- Great leadership and training skills.
- Excellent customer service, service delivery and health and safety standards.
- You must be flexible in terms of working hours.
- You must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the hospitality sector.
- The drive to become an assistant or deputy manager in the longer term.
- Cellar management experience is advantageous, not essential.
- Competitive & negotiable salary dependent on experience.
- Structured company induction programme.
- The opportunity to join our ‘Management First Training Scheme’.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV now.