Customer & Dealer Support - Grosvenor Casino Cardiff
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Casino Dealer to join the team at Grosvenor Casino Cardiff, as a Customer & Dealer Support.
Grosvenor Casino Cardiff is more than just a Casino, it's the perfect day and night leisure destination with a fantastic restaurant, amazing bar, sports & entertainment lounge, great poker, conference room and much, much more
The key role of the job is to assist in the delivery of the best gaming in town by;
• Giving support and guidance to customers that enables them to play the games with confidence and understanding and therefore assist with growth in Table Occupancy
• Giving support to the dealer to ensure every customer received a professional service.
This role is about:
a) Customer Support
• Being ‘outside of the gaming Pit’ actively looking for situations where a customer needs assistance i.e. collecting new customers from reception, bar or assisting those whose body language indicates a reticence to approach the tables to play.
• Emphasizing that it is our aim that the customer feels comfortable and confident in their ability to play the game before they go onto the live gaming.
• Being absolutely transparent about the rules and strategies of the games so the customer can make informed choices.
• Assisting the players to find a place at a table and introducing them to the table staff and other customers.
• Explaining the ‘Who is who’ in the casino so that the customer is familiar with our roles in the club.
• Trying to not allow the customer to be embarrassed by their inexperience of the games by giving comprehensive coaching before they play live games.
• Assisting experienced customers to play games that they have not previously experienced.
b) Dealer Support
• Assisting the Dealer when they are struggling with delivering service on the game e.g. because the game is slow, or the bets are challenging. Using Coaching techniques to help resolve “on the spot” and work with the club Training Officer on longer term development plans.
c) Game Inspection
• Observing the customers and the dealers to identify areas that indicate the existence of risk, keeping the Supervisor/Manager informed of your observations where required.
• Adopting the traditional Inspection role when requested by the manager where the Dealer needs additional support to deliver the required service to the customer.
• Being alert to the behaviours of the customers and where they could indicate problem play reporting this to the manager.
• Carrying out other Pit administration or other duties as required, i.e. dealing.
• Experience as a Dealer, able to confidently deal all standard Casino games to a high level
• Experience of having observed and spot coached new Dealers
• Being comfortable approaching new customers and offering assistance, aiming to excite and entertain
Working for Grosvenor Casinos, and The Rank Group, is all about being part of a huge family whose main aim is to excite and entertain each and every one of our Customers. With a very special kind of teamwork, we create environments that are more than just Casino, they are the perfect day to night leisure venues, and we want the very best Team Members to join us to create a special service, every time.
With flexible hours, to suit all lifestyles, we are passionate about supporting our Team Members, with developments plans available to all that can take you to wherever you to go, be that in the Casino, Mecca Bingo, or a role in our growing Digital business.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and have proof of right to work in the UK.