Assistant Restaurant Manager - Surrey
Assistant Restaurant Manager - Langshott Manor, Surrey
Assisting the Restaurant Manager of our 60 cover Mulberry Restaurant offering 3 Rosette standard food across breakfast, lunch and dinner service. Our restaurant also hosts private events, conferences, celebration dinners & weddings. Traditional afternoon tea is served in our sumptuous lounges and outside terraces.
Candidates must have a passion for food and wine and guest service and be willing to work across the range of food and beverage areas of the hotel. In addition this role involves the completion of Duty Management shifts to support the senior team in managing the hotels day to day operation. Shifts are completed 5 days per week, flexible shifts covering breakfast/lunch/dinner on a rota basis including weekends. Duties include;
- Ensuring the restaurant is set for service and all mis en place is prepared
- Ensure correct staffing for service and all staff are smartly presented
- Briefing all staff on service issues/information for their shift
- Welcoming guests and taking food and drink orders
- Hosting the restaurant during service and assisting and coaching staff with food and drink service
- Conducting satisfaction checks to ensure guest satisfaction
- Ensuring food and beverage service standards in the lounge ae achieved and ensure seamless service across departments
- Ensure correcting billing for all diners
- Ensure the restaurant is closed down at the end of service and left ready for the following service shift
- Assisting with the completion of rotas, timesheets, training, skills training
- Hosting and running events, weddings, conferences and private dinners
- Previous supervisory experience in a quality restaurant environment required.
- A proven record of experience in planning, training and managing a team of 10 permanent staff to ensure excellence in guest service.
- Good knowledge of food and wines.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work and the ability to adapt to the different service requirements across food and beverage areas.
SALARY & BENEFITS
£18,000 + £1,500 service charge
- £1500 guaranteed service charge
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
- Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
- Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
- Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
- Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
- Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday