Bartender - York
Bartender - Hotel du Vin, York
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Stirred not shaken… It’s not all about spending the whole shift behind the bar. You’ll be a key player in the team taking responsibility for producing drinks for the restaurant, bar and table service. You will live interacting with customers, ensuring all guests expectations are met during the bar experience and providing amazing hospitality to our guests. With your natural ability to communicate, you will be required to converse with the food and beverage team, make cocktails and beverages to the required standards and ensure the bar area is always clean and organized. Bar Tenders must be passionate about beverages and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests. Experience in a similar quality bar is beneficial but not necessary.
Retreat to a nook or cranny for morning coffee, afternoon tea or your favourite tipple. Enjoy candlelit dining and seasonal dishes in the cool ambience of our trademark bistro. Explore our extensive wine list with expert guidance from our Sommelier. Choose a cigar and escape to the Cigar shack. Book a distinctive function room for a business meeting, family celebration or wedding. And when sleep calls, ascend the sweeping staircase to one of 44 stylish bedrooms for huge custom-made beds, handsprung mattresses, fluffy towels and robes, soft Egyptian cotton bed linen, monsoon shower or roll top bath. For romance, comfort and style, there's nothing better than our stunning hotel in York.