Waiters & Bartenders - London
When POLPO first opened in London, this is what people said about it:
“One of the most exciting eateries to open in London” – Richard Vines, Bloomberg
“It is inspiring when done this well” – Rose Prince, Daily Telegraph
“POLPO is the hottest table in town” – Marina O’Loughlin, Metro
POLPO is a bàcaro. This is a Venetian word to describe a humble restaurant serving simple but authentic food, young local wines & classic Italian cocktails within a modest yet stylish setting featuring exposed brickwork, tin ceilings and copper bars.
POLPO Ltd operates some of the most talked about restaurants, under the leadership of BBC2’s ‘Restaurant Man’ Russell Norman. POLPO Soho opened in October 2009 to immediate acclaim and we have since opened eleven restaurants across London, Brighton & Leeds. POLPO has received the Michelin Guide’s Bib Gourmand for the last six consecutive years.
Our front-of-house teams are well known for being friendly, knowledgeable & dynamic, and we are currently looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who have both strong experience and a passion for food. We like to have fun at work and you must be full of energy and enthusiasm with a background in hospitality, and must fully understand the demands and needs of a busy restaurant. A keen interest in the industry and a desire to grow and develop personally and professionally with the POLPO group is essential.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a busy restaurant
- Excellent service skills
- The ability and willingness to learn and to develop as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent command of English plus valid passport & visa
- Knowledge of Italian cuisine is desirable
- Bar knowledge and experience is desirable
- Good references
In return, we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive & ongoing training
- Real prospects at career growth – many of our managers have been promoted from within
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per year
- We do not have a staff uniform and encourage your individuality to shine!
- A generous staff discount on the whole bill when dining in one of our restaurants
- Staff meals are provided daily, and a beer or glass of wine at the end of the night - on us.
- Work incentives with amazing prizes such as trips abroad to Italy
- Staff parties
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – where you can earn up to £300 to work with your friends
There is lots of room for career growth in this young and dynamic company so if you think you have what it takes to join our team, please apply.