Service (Duty) Manager (London) - London
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this. Part of one of the UK’s most prestigious group of companies, The Collection clubs within Virgin Active are the ultimate choice for those who want the very best in lifestyle, service and fitness.
Do you have great organisational skills and a flair for exceptional customer service?
We’re looking for a Service Manager who will ensure every one of our members’ visits is as convenient and enjoyable as possible during their shift, providing a first class experience in line with The Collection expectations. You’ll support every department, ensuring perfect execution of daily club operations whilst on shift, so that all facilities and equipment are clean, safe, well presented and functional in line with our brand standards at all times.
- Be responsible for opening or closing the club, adhering to company procedures & checklists.
- Ensure the smooth running & timeliness of all operations within the club whilst on shift, including studio classes, inductions, events and all appointments.
- Ensure brand standards, H&S, cleanliness & a good working use of all facilities.
- Continual interaction with members & maintaining a club presence whilst on shift, being proactive and anticipating issues before they arise.
- Ensure adequate staff coverage in all departments and deal with any staffing issues to arrange cover or personally conduct breaks.
- Ensure that all pool users are safe by managing Lifeguard resources appropriately, covering breaks & rota gaps personally conducting lifeguard duties.
- Take ownership of member feedback to resolve any problems through relevant HoD.
- Person in charge for any Emergency situation; including First Aid requirements, Fire Evacuations etc.
- Line management of either the Lifeguard team; including recruitment, training, development & performance management, as well as rota’s, payroll & day to day management.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business. Shift times vary to suit club opening times and include 'earlies' (5.30am starts), 'lates' (11.30pm close) and weekend shifts (9.30am-6.30pm), as well as bank holidays. The successful candidate will need to be available for the full complexity of shifts, which are on a rota basis.
What we can’t live without:
Friendly & approachable, we’re looking for someone with a hands on approach who can work well under pressure and thrives in a fast paced environment.
To be a successful Service Manager, you’ll have:
- Operational experience in a customer facing environment (preferably from a luxury background).
- Excellent communication skills & a professional demeanour at all times.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Great development with the ability to apply for our Future Leader’s Programme
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniform
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.