Waiting Staff - Milton Keynes
Restaurant Waiting Staff - Doubletree by Hilton Milton Keynes
Department: Restaurant and Bar
Reporting to: Restaurant and Bar Manager
Salary: £6.70 - £7.20 per hour
Hours per week: Non-contractual
Overall Objective: To ensure all customers receive fantastic customer service in the restaurant and bar
- To ensure all customers are served food or drinks as ordered.
- To ensure that customers are made to feel comfortable and well looked after.
Summary of Duties
- To ensure complete customer satisfaction, including setting tables, clearing tables, polishing china & cutlery, taking orders, waiting tables, bar service, in room dining and food delivery.
- To develop a knowledge of the menu including ingredients, allergies, cooking process, service style, etc
- To actively work with others within the department and other business areas.
- To adhere to all company policy and procedure, health & safety, hygiene, licensing handbook and Hilton brand standards.
- To process payments using the Micros system, for transactions of credit card, room charge and cash.
- To actively resolve any customer queries or issues and report these to the line manager.
- Evidence of working as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of personal integrity.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience within a 4* hotel or quality full service restaurant.
- Experience of working in a busy environment.
- Evidence of working in an organised environment.
This job involves long periods of standing and walking and will also include the carrying of heavy trays from time to time.