Commis Chef - Hook
Tylney Hall, Hook, Hampshire, now has an exciting opportunity available for a Commis Chef Join our new Head Chef, Mike Lloyd, who held three rosettes in his last position.
Mike is looking for talented, enthusiastic individuals who can join our friendly team with a view to development & promotion. With two vacancies, one in pastry and one in main kitchen we would be delighted to hear from you.
Beautiful 4 red star Country House Hotel & Gardens set in rural Hampshire
- Commis Chef required to join a brigade of 18 chefs producing quality 'made from fresh' dishes as one off specialities or 'en mass' for large functions
- Service covered includes fine dining dishes for our 2 rosette restaurant, light meals/room service, conference food and private banquets
- Our main kitchen produces the food for all outlets in the hotel, and on occasions different events can be running simultaneously. Skills and Attributes of Commis Chef; - We need our Commis Chefs to have a good understanding of all basic techniques, an ability to deliver to an excellent standard, and willingness to learn
- Ideally a Commis Chef at Tylney Hall will have some experience as a chef with exposure to a variety of menu styles - 2 rosette (or similar) is desirable but not essential
- Our Commis Chefs show a desire to develop themselves and show creativity and passion in their work
- We expect our Commis Chefs to be clean and tidy workers who plan ahead and conform to all food safety legislation
- Commis Chefs at Tylney Hall love what they do, and remain calm under pressure
- A Commis Chef at Tylney Hall will need to be aware that due to the nature of the business, the normal shift pattern will include split shifts, bank holidays and weekends. Work pattern is 5 days out of 7.
- NOTE - We are in a rural location so own transport is essential. We are two miles from Hook and around 6 miles from Basingstoke. Live in accommodation available for the right candidate. Benefits
- As an Investors In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- The opportunity to work in one of the country's foremost heritage hotels
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation for some positions
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered
- Free car parking
If you are a fully qualified Chef who is passionate about quality food, we would love to hear from you!