Linen Porter - Hook
Tylney Hall, Hook, Hampshire now has an exciting opportunity available for a Linen Porter to join our Housekeeping team Tylney Hall is a beautiful 4 red star hotel in stunning gardens set in rural Hampshire.
It has recently received the 'best kept secret' award by Facebook fans in the Laterooms.com Hotel of the Year competition - this was because of its charm, warmth and glorious parkland surroundings
The Linen Porter role largely involves servicing guest bedrooms and transporting linen and supplies to allocated areas of the hotel using company vehicles. You will also be required to assist the housekeepers, room attendants and laundry staff as required. The work is physically demanding and fast paced. Our 'back of house' team are central to the success of the hotel, they are hardworking, dedicated and professional teams who ensure our guests have a first rate experience at our hotel. Attributes/Experience A good understanding of English is crucial, you will be a hard worker who can perform well in a team and you will be standards driven. You must be able to drive and hold a license in order to use the company vehicles around the grounds. Please note that the salary for this position meets national minimum wage, dependent on age & experience. We are in a rural location between Hook and Basingstoke, please only apply if you have access to transport to get to and from the hotel (although we can provide a minibus service from Basingstoke, Farnborough & Aldershot) Benefits As an Investors In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- The opportunity to work in one of the country's foremost heritage hotels
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation for some positions
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered
- Free car parking
If you feel that you would like to join us and that this role would suit your strengths, we would be delighted to hear from you!