Entertainment Booking Agent - Luton
ted are currently looking for a Entertainment Booking Agent to join the tedtalent team. Every day the team are contracting and delivering a wide range of acts from vocalists, musicians, comedians, magicians and speciality acts … and the team personally vets all of them.
With more than 17,000 dates a year booked in both the UK and as far afield as holiday resorts in the Mediterranean, Egypt’s Red Sea, Mexico and the Caribbean, it’s no wonder they are ranked the largest booking office. As well as multiple dates,tedtalent will cater for one-off events like a wedding, a birthday party, a comedy night or even a circus!
This position will be supporting the account manager with the placement of professional artistes, groups and performers for one of our leading clients. Reports into the Head of Talent and based out of our head office in Luton.
- Working to a strictly pre-agreed budget.
- Understanding of profiling artistes
- Develop the clients offering through diligent placement of quality acts and performers.
- Have a strong understanding of visiting artistes
- Working under the ted codes of conduct and quality control.
- Develop strong working bonds with the clients, acts, agents & venue management.
- To liaise with our artistes in the coordination of logistics.
- To perform weekly diary and bookings checks with Artistes.
- To add diversity to the existing tedtalent bookings team.
- To administer artiste contracts.
- To administer the servicing of publicity & promotion of Artistes to our clients.
- Take ownership of the on-call phone as part of a diarised rota and amongst the team.
- Liaise between our accounts dept. and artistes/agents to ensure invoices are paid in a timely fashion.
- Find new artistes through organising in-house open days to showcase new talent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- IT skills such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or MAC proficient
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Technical qualifications that can be applied to the role
- Efficiency and excellent organisational skills
- Experience in multi-tasking
- A dynamic individual with a forward thinking attitude and approach.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make commercial decisions quickly.
- Team player, ability to work at pace, seasonal workload will involve extra hours
- The ability to work under own initiative, own problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Willing to travel
- Demonstrate a passion for results.
- Provide a professional image at all times that supports the expectations of the company.
- Experience and knowledge of the entertainment industry is beneficial but not essential.