Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Bolton Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can do attitude is key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
We are currenlty recruiting a part time Lifeguards for Westhoughton Leisure Centre. There are 2 positions, 1 for 30hrs per week and 1 for 31hrs per week.
Some of the benefits of working for Serco at Westhougton Leisure Centre are:
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Membership of all leisure centres within the Trust (includes immediate family - worth up to £432 per adult per year)
* Development and Training Opportunities e.g.; NPLQ, Swimming Instructing, First Aid/Defibrillation training, various Level 2 or 3 NVQ`s and various National Governing Body qualifications
* Serco optional benefits - preferential rates on family healthcare, childcare vouchers, discount card, work and life support, cycle to work scheme.
The key element of the Lifeguards role is to be responsible for the supervision of the pool area and other poolside and leisure related duties. Reporting to the Duty Manager, the successful Lifeguards will be required to work various shift patterns during the Leisure Centre opening times (Mon-Fri 6.30am-10pm, Sat 8am-6pm and Sun 8am-10pm).
* Supervision of swimming pools to ensure customer safety at all times by preventing accidents and incidents and by taking the appropriate action in the event of these occurring
* Supervision of dry-side activities to ensure customer safety at all times
* Ensure equipment is set up in order to meet the needs of the programmed activities
* Undertake cleaning tasks as required ensuring centre is well presented and monitor cleanliness in customer areas such as changing rooms and toilets
* Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* A current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (Royal Life Saving Society) - (Essential)
* A First Aid at Work Certificate and/or a Pool Plant Operators Certificate - (Desirable)
* Experience of working within a similar service led or leisure operation
* Excellent customer care and communication skills
* Ability to set and achieve high standards of cleanliness and personal presentation
* A good awareness of Health & Safety policies and procedures
In line with Serco Leisure`s policy all employees will have a DBS disclosure at an appropriate level.
Please note - The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is essential for this role. If you have a current NPLQ certificate please ensure this is clearly stated on your CV/application.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.