Assistant General Manager - Northampton
The role of the Assistant Gym Manager to is support the General Manager in the overall running of the gym and assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in their absence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness of the gym and changing facilities are maintained whilst cleaners are not on site.
- Equipment is kept clean and maintained through regular recorded maintenance checks, weights are re-racked and the gym is free from litter and clutter.
- Professionally show potential members the facilities and offering.
- Conduct members inductions to a high standard ensuring they are safely shown how to use the equipment.
- Deal with any member queries, be on hand to help with use of equipment and facilities and create a fun, helpful environment for the member.
- Support the General Manager with administration duties.
- Producing member communications via all forms of media.
- Actively help with retention of the members bringing new ideas to the General Manager.
- Deliver outstanding customer service at all times.
Key skill requirements we are looking for:
- Sports Science degree or Level 3 REPS qualification
- Have great organisational skills
- Be extremely well presented
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Enjoy being hands on and be able to build great rapport with colleagues and members
- Reliable and punctual
- Self-motivated and a drive to succeed
- Professional at all times