Casual Receptionist - Rebecca Adlington Swimming Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Mansfield District Council leisure facilities are managed by Mansfield District Leisure Trust. The mission is to provide active and healthy lifestyles for all in a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment at an affordable cost.
We are currently recruiting a Casual Receptionist based at Rebecca Adlington Swimming Centre to work as and when the business requires. In the role of Receptionist you will be the front line customer service for the public entering the Rebecca Adlington Centre providing an excellent customer experience through outstanding communication skills, in person, over the telephone, and dealing with enquiries. Previous experience in a customer facing role in a busy environment is key to the role of Receptionist, and there will be training offered for customer care and disability awareness.
* Greet and book-in customers on a computerised booking system to the Leisure Centre
* Undertake a quarterly stock take and report to Senior Receptionist.
* Deal with cash transactions
* Ensure relevant information is continuously available to customers
* Deal with first line customer enquires or complaints
* Interact with customers via the customer desk and telephone, including taking customer bookings
* To process Ultimate Leisure card, bonus card, direct debit applications and complete direct debit mandates for our appointed collection agency
* Ensure that the Health and Safety at Work Act is adhered to with particular reference to the duty of care provision to both the general public and colleagues alike
Key skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Demonstrable previous experience of dealing face to face with customers in a busy environment
* Maths and English GCSE level C or equivalent
* Excellent communication and customer care skills
* Basic cash handling ability
* IT ability, with computerised booking system exposure being advantageous
* The ability to remain mature and calm under pressure
* An organised, team player, with high levels of interpersonal skills
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.