General Manager - Energi Wilmslow
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Energi Wilmslow
Responsible To: Operations Director Energi Leisure
Responsible For: Energi Lesiure Park Wilmslow
- Duty Manager x2
- Catering Manager
- Customer Service Supervisor
- To assist in the opening and take responsibility for the day to day running of Energi Leisure Park, Wilmslow and all operational duties associated with that, including H&S, catering, merchandising, customer relations.
- To be fully financially accountable for all areas under your remit; working within agreed budgets and targets, by preparing sales forecasts and finalising profit and loss accounts. Identifying gaps and developing action plans to meet or exploit these.
- To ensure that health and safety issues are monitored to the highest standards at all times and reported as per legislation.
- To ensure that Energi Leisure parks offers the highest standards of service to all of its customers, to provide an outstanding experience
- To lead and support the wider team to success by delivering against the key business indicators.
- To ensure that Energi Leisure Park operates to the highest standards of Health & Safety at all times.
To take full responsibility for the Park to include:
- All aspects of spending and budgetary control
- Overall profitability of the Park
- Cash security and cash handling as per the company’s standard operating procedure
To aim to exceed the agreed budgeted targets and to maintain a commercial focus on all aspects of the area under your remit. Areas of focus must include: Labour planning, Sales forecasts/plans, Stock forecasts, Stock to cash analysis. Wastage control and management, purchasing, Tariff preparation and liaising with purchasing to optimise business performance.
To provide an outstanding customer experience & strive to continually improve this in conjunction with the Customer Relations Supervisor through constant monitoring of
- Customer feedback
- Staff training
- Menu specifications
- Standard operating procedures
To promote and protect Energi company values at all times. Communicating these effectively to the team ensuring they have all the information they need to achieve the expected standards & improve & develop.
To ensure the operational integrity of the catering facilities in conjunction with the Catering Manager. Providing the highest levels of service and product for the customer in line with commercial targets
To ensure that sufficient stocks of all items (F&B, merchandising) are ordered for the forthcoming calendar based on sales forecasts and to ensure that wastage levels are minimised. (in conjunction with local management team)
To maintain an awareness of the local marketplace and relevant competitors
To establish and deliver local marketing campaigns in conjunction with Energi HQ, including maintenance of social media
To foster and maintain great working relationships with all teams across the Energi brand to ensure effective flow of information between all areas, including third party contractors. To offer support and advise when needed, and recognise excellence amongst the team
To develop and support the team to deliver outstanding performance, through effective management mentoring and coaching and implementation of the Energi Leisure Parks Training programme. To drive and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate training for full time and variable team members to meet both operational and legal requirements.
To ensure that there is effective implementation of the recruitment process by assisting with:
- Welcome Days
- Assessment Days
- Food Preparation Assistant training
- Customer relations training
To ensure all legal requirements are met and records are up to date for audit purposes. To ensure that the operation is operated in accordance with current knowledge and practice, management and measurement of all areas of responsibility including company regulations relating to the following areas:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Fire Regulations
- Sales of goods / Trading Standards
To maintain security on site at all times
To be responsible and accountable to drive all employment relations issues with the support of HR and Staffing through to closure, to minimise exposure in a time sensitive manner.
This list is not exhaustive and you may be required undertake any other reasonable duties requested by the Energi Leisure Parks Board.