Junior Activities Manager (Childcare) - London
Fit for Virgin Active……?
Can you deliver the highest level of care to children while making sure they have a wickedly good time? Are you a fun, ‘can-do’ team player with knowledge of inspectorate regulations?
We’re looking for a Junior Activities Manager to be responsible for the successful running and management of the Junior Activities Team. Virgin Active Club-V offers a fantastic range of activities for ages six weeks to 15 years and you’ll be there to help keep these important people safe and happy.
- Responsible for ensuring an excellent level of care is presented to the children within your supervision, that exciting and engaging activities & sessions are being delivered at all times by leading the Junior Activities Team to achieve a high standard, and implementing a world class activity programme.
- Ensuring the Junior Activities Team comply with Health & Safety and department policies to provide a safe environment at all times, acting in accordance with the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable adults policy and statutory requirements from Regulatory Bodies; delivering training to other HODs and team members on correct reporting procedures.
- Able to develop and implement successful methods of communication across the wider Club team and between your team members and parents.
- Line management of the team including recruitment, training and development, as well as rotas and payroll.
- Drive the department to meet all set targets and budgets, exceed commercial success by developing and training existing staff to Brand Standards.
- Accountable for successfully delivering financial & departmental KPIs, department Health Checks and audits.
What we can’t live without…
To be successful, you’ll love looking after and entertaining children of all ages. Friendly and approachable to members and their children; you’ll have strong interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in a Child Related field, alongside previous experience working with children.
- Experience in supervising and leading a team, with the passion to inspire and drive others to achieve and exceed targets.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to respond appropriately & professionally to everyone you interact with.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work politely and efficiently in all situations.
- Proficiency in using a computer with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
- Enhanced DBS clearance before start date
This role is full time, working 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include 'earlies' (from 6.30am), 'lates' (until 10.30pm) and weekends (7:30am starts/7pm close ).