RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Trainer / Assessor (Casual) - Mansfield
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public.
Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, justice and immigration, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
We are currently recruiting for a Casual National Pool Lifeguard Trainer Assessor to work as and when the business requires based at Rebecca Adlington Swimming Centre. The Trainer/Assessor will have responsibility for delivering the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification within a staff training environment and ensure that all staff are trained each month and competent to work.
* To conduct a safe and informative training session adhering to the Royal Lifesaving Society standard of teaching / assessing.
* To provide support for training new staff.
* To undertake competency tests with new staff / returning members of staff.
* To work alongside the management team to ensure everyone has trained each month and signed off as competent.
* To be willing to adapt to new methods / updates from Royal Lifesaving Society.
* To ensure adequate paper work is logged
* To the management team with the delivery of evacuation training
* National Pool lifeguard 8th Edition Qualification / Life Support 3
* Valid Membership with RLSS
* National Pool Lifeguard Trainer Assessor Qualification (could be probationary trainer assessor that is close to completion)
* Extensive knowledge of the RLSS standards and training methods
* Planning skills in relation to training and dates.
* Team Player
* Willing Knowledge of health and safety
* Knowledge of how to deliver on-going training and pool safety operating procedures.
* To facilitate a safe operation of duties
* Outstanding communication skills
* Open personality
* Able to tailor sessions to suit different learning styles
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.