Reception Manager - London
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Reception Manager to join our highly successful team.
Your main responsibility as a Reception Manager is to take direction from the General Manager and lead the Reception team; you will be customer service focused, possess a warm and welcoming nature, excellent communication skills and impeccable personal presentation.
- Room allocations and overseeing in-house accounts
- Looking after the wellbeing of the Reception team
- Upsell the hotel facilities or a higher category of rooms to the guests
- Liaise with the housekeeping department regarding the arrivals and departures and confirm when the rooms are ready to be occupied
- To maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Deliver 10 minute training sessions to the team on service standards
- Writing detailed handovers to the senior management team
- Complaint handling
- Previous experience as a Reception Supervisor or Reception Manager within a 4 or 5* star
- Previous experience using the Opera system
- Superb attention to detail
- Demonstrates a genuine passion for delivering a memorable guest experience
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- A good approach to teamwork
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
- Excellent communication skills
As Reception Manager you will work full time hours as required by the operation, where some weekends will be required.
To Apply for the role of Reception Manager:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognized for your individual contribution then this is the company for you.
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.