London Child Weight Management Physical Activity Leader – Lewisham
London Child Weight Management Physical Activity Leader – MEND
Position: London CWM Physical Activity Leader – MEND
Reports to: Health Programme Manager
Salary: £18,000-£22,000 per annum
Job Type: FT (40hrs), Fixed term until 31/03/2017
Start date: ASAP
Condition: Subject to DBS Clearance
Mytime Active’s aim is to improve the wellbeing of our customers and their communities through well managed, accessible and good value leisure, golf and health services.
We have an exciting opportunity to work in the London borough of Lewisham.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic physical activity specialist to deliver group based obesity prevention and treatment programmes (MEND). The MEND (Mind, Exercise, Nutrition...Do it!) Programme was developed at Great Ormond Street Hospital and the University College London Institute of Child Health and is one of the UK's most innovative and effective obesity prevention and treatment programmes for children and their parents.
The MEND Programme is a multi-component healthy lifestyle programme encompassing education on healthy eating, fun games to stimulate an active interest in physical activity and behaviour modification techniques to boost self-confidence.
- Deliver group physical activity sessions for children and families 0-18 years and postnatal women within the Child Weight Management team across various community locations.
- Engage children and families in healthy eating and healthy lifestyle topics, achieving behaviour change at programme completion.
- Prepare for weekly group sessions through adherence to a programme manual.
- To work as a member of the Child Weight Management team to provide comprehensive, effective and culturally sensitive multi-component weight management programmes to children and families.
- Responsible for accurate collection and recording of children’s data and pre/post programme measurements, uploading to Mytime Active database
- Responsible for the marketing of programmes and recruitment / retention of participants
- Working with key local stakeholders to improve referral pathways into service
- Physical activity qualification in the following:
- Fitness and Exercise Instructors – Register of Exercise Professionals Level 3 Qualification
- Ante and Postnatal Exercise Training
- Enthusiastic about improving health and wellbeing amongst children and families
- Experience of and confidence in managing/facilitating large groups and in being able to motivate and inspire the group.
- Experience of working with children and families
- A background or training in behaviour change.
- You must have successfully completed MEND Programme two days of Exercise training. This training will be provided on successful appointment.
- All appointments subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
We fully support Continued Professional Development and relevant training and support will be provided. Mytime Active is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This is for a fixed term position until 31/03/2017 with a possible extension and is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Join us and you get to work for a great company and an ambitious, diverse and future focused HR team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf;
22 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays);
Holiday purchase scheme;
20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks;
Exceptional achievement award scheme;
Employee discount & salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.