Commis Chef - Hook, Hampshire
Peach Pubs Recruitment Video
Commis Chef - The Chequers - Hook, Hampshire
Rewards and Benefits
- Partnership options
- Live in accommodation (subject to position)
- Fun and Professional work environment
- Christmas day off
- 8 shifts over 5 days
- Extra shift allowance
- 25% off when you eat in any Peach Pub
- Peach Pathway – role specific training program
- Support and encouragement to ensure you achieve your goals, ambitions, awards and qualifications
- Funded compliance training
- Free food on shift
- Peach Adventure Days, learning more about The Good Stuff we serve e.g. Jimmy Butlers Pigs, Scallop fishing, Laverstoke Mozzarella
- Performance related incentives, for you and your team
- Flexibility to move within the group
- Invite to Peach Fest, our yearly Team Festival, with live music, DJ’s food and drink, fancy dress and camping
- Child Care Vouchers
Outline of Role Expectations
As a Peachy chef you’ll be part of our team. You’ll gain experience across all sections of the kitchen - fish, pastry, larder, sauce and prep.
We’ll want you to share our passion for the highest quality ingredients and have the desire to get out of bed every day to serve the good stuff! You must be keen to learn, you'll need to have stamina and be quick on your feet.
There are real opportunities for you to progress your career with Peach and one of our Commis Chefs became a Head Chef with us in just 4 years.
Here’s a taste of our ‘Food Rules’ and some of our Food Heroes to give a better understanding of Peachy food:
- We believe in Honest Plates of Food that are pleasing to the eye. Dishes that show the skill, care & pride that went into it.
- We run busy Gastropubs, serving lots of dishes at pace. That means three or four good things, not ten processes.Keep it simple and do it well.
- Our Heroes: Rowley Leigh, Simon Hopkinson, Peter Gordon, Yotam Ottolenghi, Gary Rhodes, Raymond Blanc, Hugh Fearnley-WhittingstallJamie Oliver & Tom Kerridge
Day to Day:
- Live the Peach Values
- Excellent time keeping and enthusiasm on every shift
- Keep section clean and show vigilance in everything you do
- Updating of your chef book, and develop your personal repertoir
- Ability to accept deliveries, drive standards, strengthen relationships
- Understanding of cleanliness, health and hygiene, and correct management and cleanliness of equipment used in the kitchen
- Date and labelling, and understanding of the value of wastage
- Basic knife skills
- Ensure an organised kitchen, with accurate MEP sheets
In Peach we believe Great Hosting and Serving the Good Stuff is an art and we strive to achieve that every day in all of our pubs, we want to be the best place in town.
Whether you are kick starting your career in Hospitality or perfecting the skills you already have, Peach is the place for you.
We have won ‘Best Employers in Hospitality’ 5 years in a row, as voted by our teams, so we must be doing something right!
It’s a Peachy World. Together we work hard, play hard and share the rewards.