Sous Chef - Oxfordshire
Peach Pubs Recruitment Video
Sous Chef - Oxfordshire
Rewards and Benefits
- Partnership options
- Live in accommodation (subject to position)
- Fun and Professional work environment
- Christmas day off
- 8 shifts over 5 days
- Extra shift allowance
- 25% off when you eat in any Peach Pub
- Peach Pathway – role specific training program
- Quarterly chef day invite
- Support and encouragement to ensure you achieve your goals, ambitions, awards and qualifications
- Funded compliance training
- Free food on shift
- Peach Adventure Days, learning more about The Good Stuff we serve e.g. Jimmy Butlers Pigs, Scallop fishing, Laverstoke Mozzarella
- Performance related incentives, for you and your team
- Flexibility to move within the group
- Invite to Peach Fest, our yearly Team Festival, with live music, DJ’s food and drink, fancy dress and camping
- Child Care Vouchers
Outline of Role Expectations
As a Peachy Sous Chef you’ll be supporting the Head Chef in all areas of the kitchen as well as deputising in his absence. You’ll be creative and passionate about food and relish the opportunity to work with great seasonal produce and highest quality ingredients from across the UK. As a natural leader you’ll inspire and manage the more junior members of the team and will be organised in your approach to their development.
As well as motivating the kitchen team, you will enthuse and share your knowledge Front of House during daily briefings. In line with our culture and with a number of open kitchens throughout Peach you’ll have the ability to stay calm when the pressure mounts. No Gordon Ramsey’s here!
We expect high standards in all our kitchens so you’ll be able to demonstrate full knowledge of a wide range of cooking methods as expected at this level and be confident creating premium dishes and executing daily specials.
Here’s a taste of our ‘Food Rules’ and some of our Food Heroes to give a better understanding of Peach:
- We believe in Honest Plates of Food that are pleasing to the eye. Dishes that show the skill, care & pride that went into it.
- We run busy Gastropubs, serving lots of dishes at pace. That means three or four good things, not ten processes.Keep it simple and do it well.
- Our Heroes: Rowley Leigh, Simon Hopkinson, Peter Gordon, Yotam Ottolenghi, Gary Rhodes, Raymond Blanc, Hugh Fearnley-WhittingstallJamie Oliver & Tom Kerridge
Day to day:
- Negotiating with suppliers and driving quality, and strengthen relationships
- Produce menus to standard, running the kitchen to holding the brigade to account
- Organise and hold meetings for team, good communicator and inspirer
- Using food and cleaning order sheets to avoid running of or accumulating stock
- Demonstrate understanding of seasons
- Writing of specials
- Understanding of food cost and achievement of GP
- Ensure HACCAP and all legal documents are accurate and up to date
- Ability to write rota to ensure staffing levels are correct and wage cost is achieved
- Ensure an organised kitchen, with accurate MEP sheets
- Knowledge of relevant kitchen language, ingredients cost and selling price
- Live the Peach Values
In Peach we believe Great Hosting and Serving the Good Stuff is an art and we strive to achieve that every day in all of our pubs, we want to be the best place in town.
Whether you are kick starting your career in Hospitality or perfecting the skills you already have, Peach is the place for you.
We have won ‘Best Employers in Hospitality’ 5 years in a row, as voted by our teams, so we must be doing something right!
It’s a Peachy World. Together we work hard, play hard and share the rewards.