Duty Manager - St George's Hill Lawn and Tennis Club - Weybridge, Surrey
Duty Manager - Full Time
To support the Senior Management and HOD’s in ensuring the club runs smoothly at all times.
Identify and act quickly on issues that may undermine the member’s experience of the club and its facilities.
Ensure that the clubs opening & closing procedures are adhered to; resolve any issues that may prevent a smooth opening & closing process.
Take every opportunity to learn new skills and develop your expertise in all departments and evaluate your people management skills
Work across all areas of the club to ensure issues are resolved and opportunities taken to improve on the member’s expectation.
Ensure Health & safety policies are adhered to and that we provide a safe environment for our members and team.
Continuously look for and act on ways that could improve things for the member or enable us to do things more effectively.
Work with the Club Manager to fulfil your Development Plan and to meet objectives set at annual appraisal.
Ensure the safety of all Members and Members children, including regular patrols of the trim trail and playground.
React to current issues and inform/involve the relevant HOD or Maintenance Manager and or Senior Manager.
Liaise with contractors; ensure club procedures are followed in the absence of the
- Follow Health & safety procedures including: Fire Exits, First Aid, Fire Alarms, Pool – including Testing
- Anticipate member needs – specifically and operationally.
- Talk to members to find out what we do well and where we need to improve.
- Feedback members comments to the Club
- Manager and the Duty Management team.
- Carry out daily checks across all areas; address any issues highlighted on checks. Inform
- Senior Manager of any issues and also relevant HOD.
- Issue change to any area that operates a till.
- Check change safe or accounts – one per shift.
- Maintain pool plant in line with company policies and Maintenance Managers instructions.
- Order cleaning products when necessary ensuring levels are maintained and not exceeded.
- Resolve immediate staffing issues and cover team breaks and ensure lateness & sickness from team members is noted and passed onto Club Administrator.
- Resolve face to face complaints.
- Resolve any basic maintenance issues in absence of Maintenance Manager.
- Complete cleaning check upon opening and inform cleaners of any issues that need addressing.
Membership responsibilities include maintaining the new members’ card list and its submission to the Residents Association. Booking new members into new member evenings and liaising/ confirming attendance with the relevant Board Member/Director and assisting with new members evening.
Setting up new memberships on the Jonas system and following through with the entire new membership process as and when required by the Membership Manager. Providing holiday cover for the Membership team.