Reception Supervisor - Manchester
Britannia Airport Inn Manchester
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Reception Supervisor/ Duty Manager
Reporting to: Front of House Manager
- Anticipate guest’s needs wherever possible in order to deliver an exceptional quality of service and in turn guest satisfaction.
- Promote a helpful and professional image within the department ensuring full co-operation is given to colleagues in other departments.
- To ensure your shifts are supervised efficiently and all Reception duties are carried out to the agreed Company and Hotel standards of performance.
- To ensure all accounting procedures are implemented as required by the Company and Hotel audit requirements.
- To assist the Reception Manager in the induction, training and development of the team in line with Hotel standards and procedures.
- To implement the Company policy for handling guest comments and complaints, ensuring prompt follow up action as appropriate.
- To be fully conversant with the Hotels reservations policy and procedure.
- To maximise all sales opportunities, promote sales awareness in the team and ensure all sales leads are passed on to the appropriate sales team.
- To report any maintenance problems and check that all matters specifically affecting guests or health and safety are dealt with promptly.
- To ensure full compliance to Company and legal requirements relating to fire and health and safety procedures.
- To attend any departmental and training meetings are required.
- To ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To undertake any reasonable duties as requested by your colleagues or the management of the Hotel.
- Cover Duty Manager shifts as required
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.