Night Duty Manager - Weston-Super-Mare
Pontins Sand Bay, Somerset
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Night Duty Manager
Reporting To: General Manager
- To observe and comply with Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- To conduct floor walks with detailed maintenance and Housekeeping reports (management walking about).
- Check all aspects of hotel security
- Fire exits
- Alarmed Doors
- To hold responsibility for all floats and keys
- Sign in/out to/from relevant person in charge of department
- Same person signed out, normally should be the same signing in
- To deal with customer complaints correctly and as efficiently as possible, following them up in order to improve standards if required and maintain, when possible, contact with customer upon his next stay in the Hotel, upgrade when applicable.
- Constantly monitor standards of service, utilising staffing levels and giving assistance accordingly and liaise with relevant Head of Department when Department is not performing to standard.
- Ensure all staff are correctly dressed and wearing name badges, recording all staff calling in sick and / or absent and report them to relevant HOD and Operations Manager.
- To be fully aware of Hotel fire procedures and to take responsibility in the event of evacuation or sounding alarms.
- To ensure all areas not in use are locked and secured.
- To minimise controllable costs where applicable i.e. Heating. Lighting, etc.
- To conduct bag searches at regular intervals with Operations Manager and report any irregularity.
- To attend meetings or training sessions when required.
- Liaise with Reception Manager regarding groups and VIP/s in-house and arriving.
- To look after hotel security and guest welfare at night.
- To conduct a full hand-over with Duty Manager following including handing over DM
safe any relevant incidents or events in house which will affect the normal day to day business i.e. overbooked in house count, VIP complaint, short staffed, etc.
- Maintain a proactive attitude towards all staff in various departments, a “big helping hand” and represent the company in order to project the best image and high level of standards.
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Up to Discounted weekend breaks Regular Appraisals Pension Scheme Meals on duty Uniforms (Hotel based staff only) Accelerated promotion prospects