Operations Manager - Nuneaton
Bosworth Hall Hotel, Leicestershire - Nuneaton
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Operations Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
We are currently seeking to recruit an Operations Manager for a progressive and challenging role. The Operations Manager works in partnership with the Area Manager. We are looking for a person with a good level of commercial awareness who is able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external guests. We require a candidate professing knowledge of room and rates.
- Support the Area Manager in all aspects of running a hotel.
- Identify new sales opportunities, new business potential, new companies and developments by fully utilising the information available in the hotel and through electronic research as well as networking within the local business community
- Monitor and action feedback received through guest satisfaction survey, 3rd party websites and from clients after events and resolve any client disputes and complaints in a professional manner and within guidelines issued.
- Work in co-operation with other departments, developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues
- Produce a weekly forecast for revenues and costs and monitor that these are maintained
- Deputising in the absence of the General Manager
- Ensure the hotel complies with regards to H&S, Employment and Licensing
The candidate must have the following experience:
- Previous Management experience in a 100+ bedroom Hotel
- Customer service satisfaction focused
- Able to adapt and prioritise to different situations
- Experience of building an efficient, trained team of staff
- Hands on approach, with excellent organisational skills
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
- Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.