£23k - £30k and bonus [OTE £37k - £42k]
We are recruiting a General Manager to join our new club. During the first few months you will be heavily focused upon recruiting a team of Receptionists, Personal Trainers and a Sales Manager. You will support the Sales Manager hire a sales team. You will train staff so they can do a quality job in sales and operations, you will order uniform and write rotas to ensure the club is ready for opening. Other areas of responsibility include engaging with our third party cleaning contractor to clean the Club prior to opening to ensure good service standards upon opening. A fundamental part of the role during the pre-sale phase is to work closely with the Regional Business Manager and sales team to ensure the Club achieves the budgeted new member target upon opening.
Beyond the pre-sale phase, the role of General Manager is to manage the running of the club, and this includes being accountable for performance across operations and sales. Effective leadership to generate front desk revenues, compliant sales and achieving sales targets is a fundamental part of the role.
The role includes making sure the club implements effective marketing activities to generate sales leads, training colleagues to ensure they are trained to do a quality job, and in turn are set to change peoples’ lives. You will be accountable for service standards, colleague and member retention – all of which contribute to the bottom line of increasing sales and reducing costs. Through effective leadership, you will motivate your team to go the extra mile in achieving targets and to delight our members.
It’s not just another General Manager job working for Xercise4Less this may be the role for you:
- if you want to work for a unique brand;
- you want to be part of Britain’s fastest growing private companies? Xercise4Less is 17 out of 100 [The Sunday Times, December 2015];
- you are committed to delighting customers and maintaining service standards;
- and you like to have fun at work;
Who we're looking for
- Expereince as a General Manager role, or similar, in a fast paced commercial business.
- Experience of operations and sales.
- Solid experience in the running of a club, including front desk revenues, customer retention, and service standards.
- A real passion for wanting to change peoples’ lives.
- Impeccable leadership skills.
What's on offer?
- Competitive Salary.
- Voluntary benefits i.e. free mobile phone insurance and breakdown cover.
- Access to discounts at hundreds of global brands through Perkbox.
- Free gym membership.
- Free car parking.