Group Accountant - Head Office - Greater Manchester
Role Title: Group Accountant
Reporting to: Finance Director
The privately owned Britannia Hotel group (currently 51 hotels throughout the UK) with a Head Office based in Hale, Cheshire, are looking to recruit a Group Accountant, reporting to the Finance Director. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this established, forward thinking company.
Main Responsibilities including but not limited to
- Manage Quarterly Management Accounts and Year End Statutory Accounts
- Develop a strong culture of ownership and accountability for monthly balance sheet reconciliations within your team
- Produce all consolidation accounts
- Lead internal and external auditors and audit processes
- Manage the process of iXBRL tagging of the financial statements
- The source of IFRS technical accounting expertise
- Staff management, including team development
- Create and develop reporting and analysis processes as required
- Any ad hoc projects as required
- You are a qualified (preferably ACA, although ACCA/CIMA qualified professionals will also be considered) accountant, with advanced technical ability.
- You must be self-motivated and commercially aware
- You must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrate attention to detail and have a methodical and organised approach to work
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Pension Scheme
- Meals on duty
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.