Conference & Banqueting Manager - St Albans, Hertfordshire
Conference & Events Manager
Salary: Competitive + Company Benefits
Sopwell House Hotel – St Albans
Deep in the Hertfordshire countryside, with London virtually on the doorstep, Sopwell House is a hidden sanctuary for those who appreciate comfortable refinement and a real sense of freedom.
Complementing this sumptuous environment, guests will be welcomed by the genuine warmth of our family-run hotel with its dedicated team and a host of sophisticated facilities and services.
Join an Exceptional Team of Enthusiastic People!
Our team go above and beyond to ensure that our guests have the best experience and leave the hotel having enjoyed the most enjoyable time.
The Conference and Events Manager is responsible for supporting and managing the conference and Events team and providing support to the director of Sales by maximising sales opportunities with the conference and Events Department. This includes continuing to develop business strategies to achieve overall company goals.
To strive for performance excellence under the general guidance of the General Manager and the support of the Director of Sales and at the same time ensuring that procedures and departmental standards are implemented at all times.
To provide guests to Sopwell House an efficient and personal service whilst maintaining high standard of customer service and continually aiming to improve.
- Past roles within Wedding, Events and Conference co-ordination with a minimum of a 4 years experience and a minimum 1 year Operational experience within a five star environment managing high profile events.
- Full Delphi and Opera Trained.
- Pro-active and experienced to drive a diverse team of individuals.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Financially/Analytically Experienced.
- Very flexible approach towards working hours – i.e. including weekends.
- Loyal and trustworthy, honest, positive, responsible, very committed, passionate
If you have what it takes you will find your career journey with AB Hotel Group.
Please be advised that if you have not received a response within 14 days, please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
- 28 days holiday + 1 Extra Holiday Day on Birthday
- Long Service Loyalty rewards
- Discounted Food and Beverage and accommodation within the AB Hotels Group
- Annual Tastecard & Gourmet Society card upon 1 year Service
- Childcare vouchers
- Introduce a friend at work bonus
- Annual travel pass loan
- Staff meals on duty
- Preferred Hotel Group discounted global hotel rates