Luggage Porter - 5 Star Luxury Boutique Hotel - South Kensington
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to join our Front Office team in the capacity of a Luggage Porter.
If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our unique team, have a passion for going that extra mile and have exceptional experience, then we want to hear from you!
Role Overview: your role as a Luggage Porter will be to provide a friendly & personalised service through a positive and professional attitude, manner, and presentation that projects a favourable image of The Ampersand Hotel.
- Ensures the smooth operation of information, message handling, transportation and luggage delivery services for the hotel guests.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge about hotel outlets, facilities and services to assist the guests.
- Ensure precise handling and security of all guest luggage and bags.
- Ensures precise counting of group luggage upon arrival and departure, delivers luggage to and from hotel rooms in a timely manner.
- Transfers trunks, packages, and other baggage to room or loading area
- Maintain the tidiness of the front of the house area and luggage storage room
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel frontage including the steps and pavement area.
- Ensure front door is always attended to meet and greet guests upon arrival.
- Supply guests with travel information, such as transportation rates, routes, and schedules.
- Escorts incoming guests to reception for check in, to rooms as and when required
- Is familiar with the day’s business, including arrivals, departures, meeting and events and special requests, etc.
- To complete cleaning of lobby areas as required for hotel upkeep.
- To competently use workplace equipment and computers, with no mishandling or misuse of the hotel computer system
- To assist with room service and drink orders when required during the overnight shift.
- Handles all guest enquiries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
- To be observant and ensure the security of the hotel, the staff and it guests at all times.
- Complete any tasks / reports as stipulated by the supervisor / senior member of the hotel management
This job description is in no way meant to limit the scope of duties and is intended as a guide only.
- Previous experience in a similar role ideally gained in a 4/5* environment is essential
- Contagious personality, energetic & enthusiastic
- Professional & customer focused
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Able to work within a team and on own initiative
- Takes ownership for his/her work
- An eye for detail
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
With some of the most stylish hotel rooms in Kensington, The Ampersand is a privately-owned luxury London hotel that combines contemporary excellence in design, service, food and technology in an 1888 building at the capital's heart.
We have been inspired by those great Victorian values of discovery and wonder - and given them a modern, whimsical twist.
The result: a cosmopolitan, 111-room luxury boutique hotel, bar, restaurant and drawing rooms, delivering 21st-century warmth, humour and total comfort.
The Ampersand Hotel is situated just a minute's walk from South Kensington tube station, and is well connected to Heathrow airport.
- Winner of the Best Medium Independent Hotel Employer in Hospitality 2013 in England & Wales
- Placed 9th in the Top 50 Employers 2013 in Hospitality in England & Wales