Pastry Chef de Partie - 5 Star Luxury Boutique Hotel - South Kensington
Pastry Chef de Partie
We are now on the look out for a talented and experienced individual to join our small Kitchen team in the capacity of a Pastry Chef de Partie.
If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our unique team, have a passion for going that extra mile and have exceptional experience, then we want to hear from you!
OVERVIEW - your role will be to assist Miky our Head Pastry Chef (previously of Fat Duck) in the production and preparation of food. You will prepare all food items to your highest standard ensuring the product provided by the hotel in respect of quality, service, hygiene and value is maintained.
- Pastry/ baking Operations
- Hands on assistance in bakery food production: Breads, Quickbread, Cookies, Pies, Cakes, confections, Jam & Marmalades, Chocolates, Ice Cream, Sorbets, Pastries, etc.
- Participate in inventory
- Maintain professional relationship with service team members
The job description given above is intended as a guide only and is in no way meant to limit the scope of duties associated with the role.
What we are looking for?
- Previous experience in a similar role gained within a restaurant or hotel is essential
- Passionate about food in general
- Reliable and Hardworking
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Find out why The Ampersand Hotel is the place to work by visiting our company profile.
With some of the most stylish hotel rooms in Kensington, The Ampersand is a privately-owned luxury London hotel that combines contemporary excellence in design, service, food and technology in an 1888 building at the capital's heart. We have been inspired by those great Victorian values of discovery and wonder - and given them a modern, whimsical twist. The result: a cosmopolitan, 111-room luxury boutique hotel, bar, restaurant and drawing rooms, delivering 21st-century warmth, humour and total comfort. The Ampersand Hotel is situated just a minute's walk from South Kensington tube station, and is well connected to Heathrow airport.
• Winner of the Best Medium Independent Hotel Employer in Hospitality 2013 in England & Wales
• Placed 9th in the Top 50 Employers 2013 in Hospitality in England & Wales