Sales and Events Coordinator - Manchester
Britannia Manchester Hotel, Manchester
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
Role Title: Conference and Events Sales Executive
Reporting to: Conference and Events Manager
Be responsible for the Conference & Events Sales for the Hotel.
What we are looking for:
Conference and Banqueting is about outgoing people who go out of their way to make every event, no matter how big or small, a truly memorable occasion.
You will be a proactive, self-motivated individual with a passion for C&B Sales. A person who is target driven and experienced, having a proven track record in handling conference and banqueting bookings. You will deliver excellent customer focused service and have an excellent command of written & spoken English. With a can-do attitude, you will be someone who wants to see their hotel excel and succeed in the market place. You will have a natural rapport when dealing with the public and you will possess sound sales skills which will assist the hotel to expand its Conference and Banqueting bookings.
- Promote and sell the Hotel’s portfolio of Conference and Banqueting
- Chase and generate new sales leads
- Convert business from leads
- Build Relationships and Network effectively
- Assist with external and internal events
- Be on hand to assist with guest needs
- To proactively find and confirm new business through sales initiatives
- To log all enquiries, provisional and confirmed bookings, on the database and ensure effective chase and trace systems are in place
- To report on sales activities and to achieve set targets as agreed with line manager
- Cold calling and visiting businesses to increase sales
- Take enquiries/bookings for conference & banqueting events via the telephone, internet or face-to-face using client orientates sale approach.
- Maintain the conference diary in order to maximise space and revenue.
- Prepare, update and file all correspondence relating to conference & banqueting.
- Prepare the conference and banqueting function sheet with completed final and accurate details for both the clients and the hotel operational benefit.
- Log all conference and banqueting enquiries and maintain an effective follow-up system to secure business and provide an after sales service in order to secure repeat business.
- Follow up brochure requests with a courtesy call.
- Greet guests on arrival and check conference details for the day.
- Prepare conference charge sheet correctly.
- Arrange hire of AV equipment and order flowers as required.
- Arrange hire of disco entertainment and other entertainment as required, complete necessary confirmations and entertainers invoice book for signature.
- Compile statistics on a monthly basis of conversion ratios and conference room usage.
- Ensure maximum occupancy and rates are achieved wherever possible.
- Be aware of conference room status and availability at all times.
- Be actively involved in hotel sales projects, attend sales meetings and entertain clients.
- Prepare weekly information required for HOD meetings, including conference feedback and conversion statistics.
- Show potential clients around the hotel facilities and sell the hotel product.
- Ensure group/coach sales business is managed correctly.
- Generate sales through familiarisation trips and show rounds of the Hotel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Computer skills
- Strong evidence of accurate written communication
- Problem solver
- Forward thinker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workloads
Please note that this role will be available from 1st November 2016
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted weekend breaks
- Regular Appraisals
- Meals on duty
- Uniforms (Hotel based staff only)
Accelerated promotion prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office