Senior Sommelier - Yauatcha Soho, London
In search for an enthusiastic, passionate and talented Senior Sommelier to join our fantastic Team at Yauatcha Soho!
Yauatcha Soho is a Michelin-starred contemporary dim sum teahouse, offering an all-day grazing experience. The concept is a modern reinterpretation of the traditional Chinese teahouse featuring an exceptional range of Chinese and Indian teas. Yauatcha is also known for its hand-made petites gateaux, macarons and chocolate.
Led by Christine Parkinson - one of the most creative wine buyers in the UK, and headed up by Kelvin McCabe, the innovative and award winning wine menu at Yauatcha, offers an inspiring wine selection that is continually tasted as the vintages change to ensure that each wine complements our cuisine. With an internationally recognised wine training, our wine team members are continuously developed and trained to deliver the best service experience to our guests.
The ideal Senior Sommelier for Yauatcha has:
- Previous experience in a similar role and within a fast paced environment; Experience in a luxury venue would be a distinct advantage;
- Enthusiastic about wine and a tenacious passion to succeed and develop: WSET L3 or advanced CMS preferred;
- Leadership and delegation skills including the ability to train and mentor the Sommelier team;
- Ideally experienced with ordering and stock rotation;
- Exceptional service standards with attention to detail;
- Passion for hospitality with a friendly disposition to smile;
- Good command of English with the ability to communicate confidently;
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work as part of a team;
- Availability to work full-time and be flexible.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United Kingdom;
To the successful candidate, we offer competitive salary and attractive benefits packages, including company-wide opportunities, outstanding career orientated training & development, excellent food & beverage discounts, pension scheme, life assurance cover and above all, an exciting and motivating working environment!