Chef de Partie – Manchester Art Gallery, Manchester
Job title: Chef de Partie
Department: Catering Operations
Reporting line: Venue Director, Executive Head Chef, Head Chef
No. of direct reports: None
Purpose of role
To plan, facilitate and implement a food service that delivers a premium experience on match days and non-match days alongside ensuring operational quality and excellence is maintained, to the set service level agreements and profitability.
- Executive Chef
- Head Chef
- Senior FFF Management
- Cellar Manager
- Front of House Management
- Area Hostess
- MCFC Management
- To manage and assist in the preparation of all kitchen areas and ensure that the highest standards of presentation of these areas are achieved in good time prior to each function, including match days.
- To cover in the Head Chefs absence/days off and holidays.
- Assist with food specs with photos and with recipe cards for Match Day, C&E and non-bowl events.
- To ensure the highest standards of general hygiene and hygiene food handling are achieved at all times by all employees within kitchen areas as to the Company H&S standards.
- Check refrigeration temperatures twice daily also ensuring that all food items are labelled, dated and in the correct fridge.
- To ensure that food deliveries are received in line with Company Food Safety Policy, secured, rotated and stored correctly paying particular attention to foods containing allergens.
- To ensure the highest standards of service and food presentation across C&E and match day business.This is to include both buffet theming and plated service.
- To react quickly and efficiently to clients requests and changes in arrangements.To communicate such information to the catering office and kitchen where relevant.
- To maintain departmental food control procedures and ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and recorded where appropriate. To achieve budgeted cost of sales.
- To ensure the control of all department equipment ensuring that breakages are kept to a minimum and that the misuse of establishment property does not occur. Reporting any breakdown of equipment to the Head Chef.
- To ensure appropriate paperwork i.e. Goods Received, Temperature record and fridge record sheets, HACCP and COSSH are completed and handed to the Head Chef by set guidelines.
- To collect the allergen matrix from Head Chef for every function or match day service taking the time to review and update it were necessary so that all allergens are captured. It must be accessible to all employees and guests or/and customers
- To attend daily kitchen meetings to discuss forthcoming business and attend the MCFC C&E meeting.
- To ensure that all menu planning is produced within given time scale and fully costed ensuring operating targets are met.
- To ensure hygiene audits are carried out regularly and to operate according to the risk assessment guidelines in all kitchen areas.
- To ensure that all food, liquor, equipment and sundry items are charged appropriately to the client via the daily charge sheets.
- To ensure that all employees are trained which enables them to carry out their duties according to departmental standards.
- To ensure that all employees and casual employees adhere to the departmental standard of dress and personal hygiene at all times.This is to include PPE. (Personal Protective Equipment).
- To ensure that casual employee payroll is kept within the operating targets as set.
- Have a full understanding of WMX and the use of the clock in /out.
- Have a clear understanding of EATEC and the ordering process. Be able to raise an RQA for processing and purchase orders.
- Assist in maximising sales and reducing costs throughout the operation.
To be fully conversant with:
- The standards and procedures within the Stadium for fire, security, H&S.
- The standards and procedures within the banqueting for personal hygiene, food hygiene and safety.
- The operating standards and procedures within the stadium for the service of food and beverage.
- The legal requirements in respect of the sales of alcohol to the public.
- The methods of payment accepted by the company.
- The standards for cash and payment handling.