Guest Service Manager
Position: Guest Service Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Supervision and of Guest Services and all responsibilities relating to a Guest Service Operation as per VOC company standards.
- Support the Chief Purser with all Guest service related matters.
- Supervision of Global Administrator on completion of passenger cruise questionnaires.
- Supervisor Explorers desk operation.
- Ensure all embarkation preparations are completed in a timely matter.
- Supervision and training of all embarkation staff as required with the support from the shorex Manager relating to the Grabba Device.
- Liaise with Shorex Manager to ensure a smooth operation between the Airport and terminal for guests arriving to the ship.
- Supervision of Embarkation and check-in with in the terminal and all communication relating to guests arriving from airport as per VOC SOPs.
- Complete time & attendance work schedule for all guest service staff. Ensuring They meet MLC regulations.
- GSM set hours at the Explorers desk to accommodate guest requests or queries
- Review new Manifest each cruise and complete necessary cabin changes, upgrades, etc. and liaising with shoreside for any cabin or guest queries.
- Supervise Senior Receptionist with handling of all lost/delayed luggage.
- Ensure all Amenity Reports are sent out in a timely manner at the being of each cruise.
- Responsible for timely printing and delivery of all printed matters.
- Assist Guest Services when required.
- Be able to be confident when dealing with Guest complaints
- Take charge of Passenger medical disembarkations with support of Chief Purser.
- To be familiar with the ship’s safety and security procedures relating to the hotel department in respect of any eventuality.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date manual for completion of responsibilities as laid down in job description.
- Liaise with Night Auditor to ensure all ship board credits are posted in a timely manner.
- To constantly operate in accordance with ISM safety regulations.
- To constantly operate in the interests of the owner.
Supervisor: Chief Purser
Receives instructions from: Chief Purser / General Manager
- Previous 2- 3 years’ experience in a Concierge role on ships.
- Relative accounting and administration skills for the role.
- Experience of supervising a small team of staff.
- Cash Handling and Foreign Currency exchange experience.
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, ) MXP an advantage.
- Experience in supervision Embarkation and Disembarkation procedures.
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset.
- Service oriented and guest focused, positive personality and professional appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality of all communications.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment.
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation
About Viking Cruises:
Viking Cruises, the world’s leading river cruise company, offers scenic cruising along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China, Southeast Asia and Egypt. Since its 1997 inception, the company has grown to a fleet of 63 vessels and over 110,000 passengers annually. Viking has been honored multiple times in Travel + Leisure’s “World’s Best” Awards and Condé Nast Traveler’s “Gold List” as well as recognized by the editors of Cruise Critic as “Best River Cruise Line.” Today Viking continues its rapid growth with its first Ocean vessel beginning operations in 2015, and plans to grow the River Cruise fleet even larger in the next two years. The opportunities and challenges in this growth provide and excellent work environment for high performing individuals with a desire to achieve and excel.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.