Food & Beverage Manager
Position: Food & Beverage Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are responsible for the operation of all food and beverage outlets including lounges, bars, restaurants (max 3 outlets) and special events, alongside the Executive Chef. Due to the size and operations of our vessels, the Food and Beverage Manager must be hands on during peak services such as focusing on wine and spirits sales during dinner, as well as assisting in the organization of duties not directly related to the department, such as loading of supplies and rooming of guests. A main focus should be given to customer service in accordance with Viking River Cruise Standards including handling customer service issues on-board.
Responsible for the entire service operation onboard
- Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated F&B Service
- Coordinate with the Executive Chef dietary needs for guests according to manifest
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
- Operation of service procedures according to standards (e.g. menus, decoration,)
- Organization and execution of F&B related ship functions and special events
- Responsible for sales for on-board products such as aperitifs, digestives and wines
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
Management and motivation of the service crew
- Organization, management and motivation of restaurant and bar (7-16 crew)
- Management of work schedules & Training of service department
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Participation in loadings and waste management
Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Cost control (incl. stock supply/inventory in accordance to the budget &standards)
- Daily closing of restaurant and bar area cash register
Active liaison with guests
- Welcoming of guests and socializing during meal times
- Conduction of daily menu presentation in coordination with the Executive Chef
Supervisor: Hotel Manager
Gives instructions to: Restaurant, Bar crew and Food and partly Beverage vendors
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Graduated education within hotel / catering industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in same or similar position in 4 or 5*operation
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an advantage
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, professional appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • F&B Manual
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.