PURPOSE OF POSITION
Together with the Program Director you ensure fullest guest satisfaction and assist with shore-excursion activities and organization of entertainment programs in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards. The concierge will have the emotional intelligence to handle both, larger groups and individual travelers in order to provide arrangements that suit the needs of all types of guests. Your will make arrangements for individual travelers that would not be possible for a large group and therefore need the expertise of a knowledgeable concierge. At the same time the concierge will need to show efficiency and courtesy handling large groups in a professional and organized manner.
- Assistance in organization of embarkation and disembarkation
- Coordination, confirmation and assistance with passenger departure arrangements and other travel connections (e.g. flight changes)
- Organizing guest information documents (city maps / brochures / handouts)
- Assistance in production of the daily program
- Assistance to guests with lost luggage
- Active guest relations and presence during onboard events
- Active networking with vendors and colleagues
- Assistance with presentation of guest entertainment
- Update of onboard Infotainment system
- Assistance with coordination of all shore excursions (including audio equipment)
- Assistance with the processing of the onboard bookings
- Occasionally accompanying excursions and walks
- Assistance with coordination and reconfirmation of external entertainers
- Assistance with Front Office tasks (depending on vessel)
- Support to Captain, Hotel Manager and Program Director with safety drills
- Assistance for guests in case of illness / accident
- Concierge desk hours in accordance with Front Office duties /cruise layout
- Conduction of inventory according to instructions
- Maintenance and arrangement of guest library, incl. display of
- destination-specific books
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Organization of luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation
- Participation in loadings
Supervisor: Hotel Manager
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Program Director, Corporate Program Service Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking River Cruises AG
- Graduated education in hotel / tourism industry
- Min. 1 year professional experience in same or similar position
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Passionate about delivering high quality, personalized service to our guests
- Passionate and knowledgeable about directing our guests to any location and/or to any product in the ports on our cruises
- Experienced public speaker
- Excellent English skills, other languages (German and French) are an asset
- Good computer knowledge (Office, MXP), administrative experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
- Positive and extravert personality, neat appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation
Viking Cruises® offers destination-focused river and ocean cruises that are carefully designed with a mix of cosmopolitan cities and collector ports. Founded in 1997 as Viking River Cruises, the company has undergone rapid expansion in the river cruise industry, holding the largest market share and operating the largest fleet with 52 modern river vessels including innovative and award-winning Viking Longships®. In 2013, Viking® announced the launch of its ocean cruise division leveraging the company’s managerial experience in ocean cruising as well its success in the river cruise sector.
Viking employs nearly 4,000 of its own highly trained, English-speaking crew worldwide—all dedicated to making its guests’ stay memorable. Viking’s Swiss management team overseas global operations—from shore excursions to catering and nautical—and offers Viking College, a custom employee training program. Viking has one of the highest retention rates in the industry due to its comprehensive compensation package, employee-friendly benefits and team building spirit.
Viking Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.