Commis Chef - Eastbourne
The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne are recruiting for a talented Commis Chef to join their busy two rosette restaurant The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne, is the UK's only 5 star hotel by the sea. Situated on the unspoiled elegant Victorian seafront facing the English Channel the hotel is within easy walking distance of the town centre.
The hotel has 152 bedrooms and suites, swimming pool and Health Club, two restaurants, one of which is the award winning two rosettes fine dining Mirabelle. The Grand, known locally as 'The White Palace' has a reputation for fine food, service and hospitality. Recently named as one of the "30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality" by the Caterer magazine, the Grand offers a supportive environment with good learning and progression opportunities. Eastbourne, a vibrant town with a range of good shops and night-life, just 30 minutes from Brighton and 90 minutes from London, offers an excellent and affordable life-style.
Overview of Commis Chef role:
he Grand Hotel in Eastbourne has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and imaginative Commis Chef to join the fine dining brigade in the two rosette Mirabelle Restaurant kitchen. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the former Chairman of the Master Chefs of Great Britain, Gerald Roser. This is an ideal position for a talented Commis Chef who has the desire to learn and develop their skills in a busy, five star environment.
Tuesday to Saturday. Sunday and Monday OFF
Interview will include a work trial. Live in accommodation available to help with relocation.
Skills required for this role include:
- Level 2 NVQ in Professional Cookery, or equivalent
- At least one year's experience as a commis chef in a rosette environment, with a good understanding of all basic techniques and an ability to deliver to an excellent standard.
- A desire to develop yourself and show passion and creativity in your work
- A good command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- To love what you do and possess the ability to work well under pressure
- Possess a 'can do' attitude, attention to detail and be able to use your own initiative.
And in return...
As an Investor in People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation for some positions
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- Fantastic company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered