Events Manager - Maidstone
Events Manager - Contract Catering and Events - Job Summary
Great opportunity to join one of the UK's leading contract catering and hospitality organisations in a high profile role with a wide span of autonomy at this prestigious historic venue in Maidstone. We are looking for a driven Events Manager with experience working within a busy Conference and Events venue with multiple spaces available for banquets, weddings, and conferences.
My client is one of the UK's leading contract catering and hospitality specialists who have won a number of awards for service, innovation and quality. They operate across a multitude of sectors providing mostly catering and hospitality services, in addition to softer facilities such as vending, retail, hygiene and back of house support services.
Events Manager - Contract Catering and Events - Role Responsibility
As Events Manager your main focus will be to managing an exciting range of events from events to conference functions and weddings. As Events Manager you will ensure the efficient and effective management of all areas whilst creating a welcoming atmosphere for our customers and will actively work as part of the Events Management Team overseeing, planning, execution and post event organisation.
As Events Manager your key responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility and accountability for the planning and execution of client events
- Liaise with relevant departments whilst managing a motivated, trained team
- Managing a team of circa 30 people Inspire exceptional service to clients and guests alike
- Facilitate sales, client and contractual relationships ensuring a strong partnership
- Ensuring the highest standards are consistently achieved
- Building excellent relationships with various stakeholders
- To review business performance and ensure the delivery of key financial targets to ensure commercial sound, competitive and profitable financial deals are approved via internal procedures
Events Manager - Contract Catering and Events - The Ideal Candidate
As Events Manager you must:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working within
- Events Hospitality Extensive experience in a demanding hospitality environment
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- Proven experience in managing successful teams
- Weddings and conference experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be flexible in regards to working hours
- Experience of working in a client group
- Working 5 over 7 days in line with business needs
- High degree of IT proficiency
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UK's leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.