Assistant Manager - Rick Stein Marlborough
Our ambitious growth plans have resulted in an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our new restaurant in Marlborough.
As Assistant Manager you'll play a key role in supporting the General Manager to lead and develop the restaurant team. We're looking for an experienced Assistant Manager who shares our passion for great food and outstanding customer service.
Located on the main high street in Marlborough, the restaurant will seat 100 and is based over 3 floors in an attractive grade 2 listed building. On signing the lease Rick said: “For the menu I'm thinking a strong element of local meat and game, but with many of our favourite seafood dishes from Padstow too. I'm very much in favour of local food and we'll be looking to highlight some of the best produce in Wiltshire.”
If you're an experienced hospitality professional looking for the next step in your career, we'd love to hear from you!
Requirements for this role:
- You'll have previous experience as an Assistant Manager or Restaurant Manager
- You'll demonstrate proven ability to lead and inspire a large team
- You'll be industry experienced and aware, with a passion for food, wine and service
Reasons for you to join our team:
- You'll receive a share of tips from customers
- You can choose from full time or part time opportunities
- You'll get 20% discount in all our shops and restaurants
- We can offer support with childcare costs for those with children
- There's the option for overtime on top of your normal working hours
- We'll offer you preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- We'll offer you progression opportunities with the option to experience different styles across our restaurants
- You'll have the opportunity to be promoted within the team
- You'll have access to our employee Assistance programme supported by Hospitality Action, our leading industry charity
A day in the life of an Assistant Manager, you'll be:
- Operating as a role model to the front of house team, demonstrating the best possible level of service at all times.
- Striving to achieve high levels of customer care and a high quality product.
- Assisting in the development of the front of house team to ensure a professional yet relaxed and informal style, in keeping with the brand.
- Dealing with any customer complaints and seeking to resolve them.
- Ordering stock to reflect the levels of trading and ensure that deliveries are reconciled with orders and any variations reported.
- Ensuring the security of stock, premises and cash at all times, following company procedures.
- Working in accordance with the Food Safety Act, health and safety regulations and The Licensing Act. Ensuring all staff our aware of their legal responsibilities and act accordingly.
- Assisting the general manager in the annual budgeting process and any other business forecasting.
- Accurately completing the cash up at the end of each service.
- Assisting the manager in the scheduling and recruiting of staff.
To apply for this role click the 'Apply' button to submit your full application.
We will look forward to hearing from you!