Head Waiter - Epsom
Competitive salary + benefits
Woodcote Park, Epsom
We are looking for an enthusiastic, team-spirited Head Waiter to help deliver exceptional customer service and create the right atmosphere at the vibrant and contemporary Fountain restaurant near Epsom.
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Woodcote Park, our clubhouse set in 350 acres of Surrey parkland near Epsom, we’re passionate about pioneering ever higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
As a Head Waiter, you will play an important part in upholding and surpassing these standards, offering exemplary service and hospitality while helping to ensure the effective running of the restaurant.
The role will see you:
- Deputise for the Supervisors and Managers in times of absence.
- Keep abreast of requirements or changes to daily operations such as staffing, table plans, lay up, menu and standards.
- Ensuring the restaurant is correctly set up for each shift and that all staff arrive in time and in accordance with standards of appearance.
- Assisting in welcoming and seating members and guests.
- Supervising restaurant service throughout and coordinating kitchen and meal service.
- Ensuring that all bills are correct and all revenue reconciliation complete.
- Sharing responsibility for training within the department.
The Person – To succeed, you must be passionate about delivering customer service and building team spirit. You will need to demonstrate good communication skills and attention to detail, plus a comprehensive grasp of the menu and wine list. You should also possess:
- Level 1 and 2 qualifications in basic food hygiene, ideally with an NVQ in food service, customer service or equivalent.
- Ideally, knowledge of stock control and security.
- An awareness of licensing laws.
- Numerical skills, preferably with experience of cash handling.
- Previous experience of operating an electronic point of sale system would be preferred.
In return for your commitment we’ll provide you with fantastic flexible benefits including; a very generous pension scheme, an employer paid health cash plan, holiday exchange, free meals on duty and a genuine investment in your personal development. You will also receive a uniform and scope to develop your career within the Club.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.