Casual Waiter / Waitress
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Lilleshall National Sports and Conferencing Centre is one of the UK`s National Sports Centres, training grounds and centres of excellence for the country`s leading sportsmen and women. It aims to provide a `World Class Experience`, where everything we do ensures that our customers are valued and their satisfaction and recommendation to others is paramount.
We are currently recruiting Casual Waiting Staff to work on a casual basis during the centre opening hours. The successful candidates should be flexible to meet the requirements of this role. The key element of the roles is to work as part of a team to achieve the highest standards of customer service within the Centre`s food and beverage areas.
* Maintain a clean, tidy and professional appearance and wear uniform and name badge provided
* Set up for functions to the required standard
* Ensure that all cruets and condiments are full and ready for service
* Ensure that all silverware is polished and that cutlery/crockery is cleaned and put away correctly
* Ensure all rubbish is removed and all linen is counted and taken to the laundry collection point
* Clean the dishwasher after use and leave the pantry area clean and tidy and on occasion work in the plate wash operation along with dining room clearance/set up
* Report all customer comments / complaints to the Catering Supervisor
* Serve customers in our Fine Dining Restaurant and Banqueting Hall
On occasions candidates may be approached to provide cover in our bar areas
Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of working in a similar related role would be preferable but not essential
* Have a strong work ethic and a commitment to customer service
* Be an excellent team player with good organisation skills
* Have good communication skills
* Be able to demonstrate initiative
In line with Serco Leisure`s policy, all employees will have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure at an appropriate level.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.