Casual Events Assistant x 4 - Maidstone Leisure Centre
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos. We improve services by managing people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise policy makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver to the public. Serco supports governments, agencies and companies who seek a trusted partner with a solid track-record of providing assured service excellence. Our people offer operational, management and consulting expertise in the aerospace, defence, education, health, home affairs, local government, science, technology, transport and the commercial sectors.
Maidstone Leisure Centre is a sports and fitness centre with 5 swimming pools, a state of the art fitness centre, sports hall and children`s soft play area and family changing rooms. The centre offers a wide range of leisure activities for the whole family to enjoy.
We are currently recruiting for 4 Casual Events Assistants based at Maidstone Leisure Centre. The role of an Events Assistant is to assist in the manual setting up and down of all events which require the use of portable theatre equipment.
* Assist with the setting up of staging units
* Assist with the setting out of seating
* Assist in the cleaning and clearing up after an event
* Assist in Ensuring all equipment is set up safely
* Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager
Skills and Experience
* A responsible individual, ideally with a good work record in a similar environment. Job training will be given to all new recruits.
* To display a mature attitude
* Health and safety awareness
* Capable of lifting and moving heavy equipment
* Communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
* An open, honest and confident personality
* Be prepared to work weekends, late nights and early mornings on a casual basis
* Able to work within a close team and independently
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.