Operations Manager (Mill Hill) - London
Are you fit for Virgin Active…..?!
Are you highly motivated with excellent organisational skills and a passion for operational excellence?
Here at Virgin Active, we pride ourselves on our innovations and vision to be the World’s Most Loved Health Club, and we need you to get on board and help us achieve this.
We’re looking for an Operations Manager to oversee and take responsibility for the day to day delivery of brilliant basics within the club; focussing on our key pillars of Safety, Standards & Service.
- Inspiring & motivating the club teams to deliver operational efficiency at all times ensuring a great member journey beyond expectations.
- Specifically driving safety, standards and service, ensuring a good working use of all facilities.
- Line management & motivation of the Service Manager and Membercare (cleaning) teams; including recruitment, training, development & performance management, as well as rota’s, payroll & day to day management.
- Managing the Service Manager rota ensuring adequate cover is always in place, utilising the wider HoD team and completing Service Manager shifts personally 2-3 times a week.
- Proactively seeking member feedback and resolving any issues in a positive manner
- Support the General Manager in key areas and deputising in their absence.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week; 5 days out of 7. Flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business and will include, 'earlies' (6am starts), 'lates' (11pm closes) & weekends (7.30am starts/8.30pm closes) shifts to support club opening hours. The successful candidate will need to be available for the full complexity of shifts, which are on a rota basis.
What we can’t live without:
Friendly & approachable, we’re looking for someone with a hands on approach who can work well under pressure and thrives in a fast paced environment.
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- Operational experience within customer facing environment.
- Management experience with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the willingness to be approachable to members & staff and a genuine interest in tackling & resolving member issues.
In depth knowledge of H&S guidelines and regulations.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside of work!
- Great development with the ability to apply for our Future Leader’s Programme
- Look the part; we’ll provide you with uniform
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Holiday & pension contributions
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.