Sous Chef - The Stamford Bridge - Chester
Could Hydes be on your menu? Do you have excellent standards and enjoy working with fresh food. We may have the perfect role for you.
Here at Hydes, we are not only a pub operator but we also brew our own beer, and have over 150 years of history and heritage.
We are now looking to strengthen our leadership team within the kitchen brigade at the Stamford Bridge to enhance our strong team, and help us be the best at what we do, serving ‘excellence as a habit’
This site is located 2 miles from Chester, and 10 minutes from Chester Zoo. This is a great just-out-of-town location, for a ‘pit stop’ or to enjoy a freshly prepared relaxing meal. There are fantastic views of the Cheshire plains and an outside area that has lots of potential.
We are now looking to recruit a Sous Chef to assist within the busy kitchen at this site.
The role of Sous Chef is varied, challenging and fun. We obviously expect you to be able to turn out mouth-watering dishes with ease, within all sections of the kitchen. You will implement training, inductions and coaching of the kitchen brigade. You will also run the kitchen pass, oversee the level of trade and pre production food levels.
You will be the right hand man or woman to the Head Chef and responsible for the kitchen in their absence, ensuring that the kitchen is always clean, tidy and complies with health and hygiene requirements at all times.
You will also be involved in tailored projects, in particular menu development, costings and implementing Health and Safety processes
With recent senior kitchen experience, in a fresh food environment, you will relish the chance to develop your career. We are therefore looking for someone who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills
- Leading the team to ensure a reliable efficient service is delivered
- Positive ‘can do attitude’
- Has the ability to lead a busy kitchen and work safely within all legislations
- Has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working to high standards
- Able to give clear direction, delegate effectively and adapt to change
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Project Management, in particular with menu development and costings
- Ability to prepare, cook and present all dishes on the menu and run the pass
- Understanding of health and safety processes, training, induction and coaching a team
We offer comprehensive training packages, to ensure that you are up to speed with the way we do things. This will include understanding of our menus and beers as well as understanding the culture of the site you will be working in
Career Progression Plans within our estate
£21, 000 - £23,000 per annum
5.6 weeks holiday per year
50% discount card for food at several of our sites, upon completion of Hydes mandatory online training